All people arriving in Canada are required to go through an interview with a Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA_ employee when they arrive in Canada. CBSA will want to ensure that you have all of the proper documentation to enter Canada and will ask questions regarding the items you are bringing with you into Canada.
For information regarding the required documents, please see the Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada website HERE.
Students who are attending school in Canada for longer than 5 months must apply for a Study Permit and pick up their permit at the first port of entry into Canada. Students who may extend their stay beyond 5 months should also apply for a study permit and pick this up at the airport.
Students staying for less than 6 months must have all appropriate visitor permits/eTA.
When picking up your Study Permit at the Vancouver Airport –
- Make sure you have all of your documentation handy and organized
- Follow the signs upon arrival to Baggage Pick Up and Canada Border Services/Customs
- Go through the border and have your interview with a CBSA agent
- Pick-up your baggage
- Follow signs to immigration
- Pick-up your study permit
- Ensure that the information is accurate and correct, and that your permit is secured where you will not lose it before exiting the arrivals hall
If you have applied for a study permit, you must not leave the airport of your first port of entry into Canada without the permit.